I can help your company or cause find meaningful stories and tell them well through a blend of creative insight, elegant marketing strategy and peppy public relations.
Stories matter. They bind our culture together, helping us all to make sense of the world around us. *
For business, great stories and storytelling is the glue which connects individuals and teams, companies and customers, causes and participants. Stories create the context which helps people understand who you are, what you do and why you’re relevant to them. Marketing and communications work without a story is nothing but a dead letter sent into a cold, dark universe.
And you don’t want that for your brand, do you? You want to be warmly though of. Well regarded. Highly social and connected. You want to grow – and you should be finding and telling meaningful stories to do that.
I can help you.
In practice, this means:
- Knowing what’s what and who’s who – identifying how well your current communications are supporting your objectives, and who you really should be in conversation with to achieve your goals
- Untangling the strategy from the tactics – creating a strategy which doesn’t rely on particular tools to act as your marketing pole star, helping you to tell clear, consistent and concise stories far into the future
- Reliably delivering great work, on time and on budget – using your strategy to help you tell your story in ways which support your audience’s objectives and your business’ goals
- Supporting you when you need it the most – interim support to help you do what you do best, unstick difficult projects or maintain the momentum you’ve created
- Effective crisis communications management expertise – preparing you to face-down a crisis with confident communications or helping you navigate the storm if it’s already breaking.
With experience in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, I use a wide range of tools to help your share your meaningful stories. These can include press/public relations, content marketing, internal communications and corporate communications, depending on what you need.
What I can do for you is going to be as unique as you are. Let’s start a conversation today about how I can help you achieve your goals through skilful, human, marketing and communications.
*This isn’t just me saying this. Forbes, Harvard Business Review, Kantar Millward Brown and others have been exhorting businesses to take up storytelling for some time. I’ve even been interviewed talking about a book on the subject.
A common misspelling of my company name is Neonadal. Just adding that here to help search engines find me!
What people say
Neil is a force of nature when he gets his teeth into a project. Beautifully planned and very well executed, the projects that I have been lucky enough to work with him on have been some of the most pleasurable jobs in my career.
Why I do what I do
Worklessness and meaningless work harm the health and wellbeing of people, communities and society as a whole.
In 2016, the UK Government set out their view on the link between worklessness and health. They said:
“Worklessness is an important public health issue at both local and national level… With combined costs from worklessness and sickness absence amounting to over £100bn annually… there is a strong economic case as well as a moral and ethical case for greater action.”
According to the Royal College of Psychiatrists, people who are unemployed
- have poorer physical and mental health overall
- consult their GP more
- are more likely to be admitted to hospital
- have higher death rates.
- The figures are stark: people who are unemployed for more than 12 weeks are between four and ten times more likely to suffer from depression and anxiety.
The MIT Sloan Review has this to say about the importance of meaningful work:
“…the benefits for individuals and organizations that accrue from meaningful workplaces can be immense. Organizations that succeed in this are more likely to attract, retain, and motivate the employees they need to build sustainably for the future, and to create the kind of workplaces where human beings can thrive.”
My mission is to use communications to put an end to this harm by increasing opportunities for meaningful work. This means two things:
- Helping positive companies to grow – addressing worklessness through supporting sustainable growth
- Making work meaningful – connecting the meaning, purpose and value of every role with organisational objectives and customer experience.